Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This just in - college junior reads his first book ever!

I guess NCAA champion college basketball players like Kemba Walker don't have to read books in college, or ever.  But  the other 99% of students unlikley to land generoous NBA contracts should be reading more books, and writing.papers.  Sometimes I do wonder.
Before the Final Four, Crump suggested that Rhoden’s book would be the first that Walker had ever made it through cover-to-cover. After the win over Kentucky, Walker confirmed this. “That’s true,” he said. “You can write that. It is the first book I’ve ever read.
UConn Star Guard Reads First Book

2 comments:

  1. I have TA'ed and taught courses at UConn. It is pretty easy to get through UConn, in certain majors, without reading a book. And even in the most difficult majors, like engineering, I didn't see the students really reading books cover to cover. They did problem sets, endless problem sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess there's plenty of English classes where reading a whole book is not required. UConn is probably not all that different from many schools.

    ReplyDelete